Quantcast

Friday, February 8, 2013

Off the Bookshelf : The Sly Company of People Who Care.

I'm a reader. I don't know if you've grasped that yet, but I just love being able to find complete solace in a book. I unfortunately haven't been reading very much but I've been making a huge effort to stop doing everything else, including watching television, and just read. So Sunday afternoons in my nearby Chapters has become my favourite limin' spot. This wasn't one of my finds at Chapters but I had to share it.
The Sly Company of People Who Care by Rahul Bhattacharya was written by a cricket journalist from India, and is about his year long experience living in Guyana-- and boy is it an accurate representation of our culture. I can tell you that if you grew up in GT, or your parents are from there and have shared their stories with you, you will be dying laughing about the entire thing, from his adventures with the poke-knockers who nearly kill each other over some diamonds, to a sweet girl with chile-father issues, and a shine-eye mentality.
Pick it up, you will thoroughly enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment