Quantcast

Friday, May 10, 2013

Off the Bookshelf: Lean In

Alright. Lean In--- I found it to be extremely informative. Did I agree with everything Sheryl Sandberg had to say? I wouldn't say so, but I stand by saying that for every women who intends to lead, wants to excel in their careers, and aims to be in a position of power, especially women in my generation, yall need to run on down to your bookstores, or grab this book online.

Now for my opinion. There were some points that she made that I would take with a grain of salt, and I think to an extent she made women come off a little... I don't quite have a word to describe how we came off. I think my interpretation of what she wrote and my disagreement with some of her words definitely falls within generational differences-- when I was six she had already graduated university--so there absolutely would be differences in experience and interpretation.

Her own experiences that she shared, as well the experiences other women shared with her are very far from anything I've experienced in my short 21 years of life, but I understood, felt or have seen the impact of similar situations on women around me.
The bottom line is no one understands the plight of a woman more than another woman. The challenges we still face, that we continue to face, are real. That is the bottom line, and what this book makes painfully clear is that, that bottom line needs to change, and become one that helps and doesn't hamper women's growth and progression.

I've read it, and it's one of those books that I will read again, and you should too.



Via Google

No comments:

Post a Comment